Collection and use of your personal information – BeSmarter provides an online, shop. A failure by you to provide information requested by us may mean that We are unable to provide some or all of our services to you. We collect personal information when you register or post an order with us. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, contact details, birth date.
You are not anonymous to us when you log into the Site or post any content (including orders, comments or feedback) on the Site or any associated forum. To enable us to provide a service, improve our existing services and to create new service features, We may collect, and share with other users and service providers on BeSmarter, information about the way you use our services, including (but not limited to) the transactions you enter into the Site, your feedback, the comments you post, and the transactions you enter into with our valued affiliate service providers. Your information, including your contact information will be provided to a third party for them to complete tasks associated with an order that you post.
- use the Site to post an order, or comment or provide feedback on other users or our platform; or
- otherwise communicate in a public forum on the Site, including posting an order, your user ID and all the material that you post may be visible to other users and may be also publicly available to other internet users. We strongly encourage you to use caution and discretion when posting. BeSmarter does not in any way control, and does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for, the disclosure or use of personal information which is voluntarily posted by you the Site.
We may use the information collected for (but not limited to):
- identification and authentication;
- to develop marketing and promotional material including public material;
- to protect BeSmarter and the users of the Site;
- to provide services to you from a third party;
- to customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Site;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if We reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- to develop new service features;
- to ensure that We and other parties receive payment of the fees due to it;
- to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
- to conduct research;
- to permit content on the Site (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to expand our user base;
- to develop our relationships with affiliate service providers; and
- to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of BeSmarter’s services).
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to BeSmarter, and to respond to any enquiry you make, in some cases information we collect may be transferred overseas. When you contact BeSmarter, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and BeSmarter to help resolve any issues you might have. If other user(s) of the Site already have your profile (or other information identifying you), and you have chosen to upload a photo or other personal information to your the BeSmarter site, We may show those user(s) that personal information. In certain circumstances We will use your email address to administer our terms and conditions (for example, We may notify you of a breach, or action a request for a Take Down Notice in response to a claim of copyright infringement).
Protecting and maintaining personal information – If you have an account Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you post an order or have an account, We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information and personal information transmitted.
Marketing – If and when you register or use the Site you may receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers (“Marketing Material”), via your BeSmarter account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone. You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving Marketing Material. To opt out, simply contact us through our Site. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in this way. Marketing BeSmarter and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the website.
Admin communications – BeSmarter reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from BeSmarter you must close down your account or contact us to opt-out.
Accessing personal information – We will allow you, at any time, to access, edit, update and/ or delete the personal information that We hold about you, unless:
- We are legally permitted or required to deny you access to, and/or to retain, the information; or
- You make request(s) that are unreasonably repetitive, require BeSmarter to make a disproportionate technical effort (for example, to develop an entirely new system), risk the privacy of others, or would be highly impractical to comply with. If you wish to access the personal information We hold about you, or to delete your account with us, you should do so through your profile or by contacting us at BeSmarter. We need to prevent information in our systems from being accidentally or maliciously destroyed. This means that, where you delete information from our services, residual copies of that information on our active servers, as well as any corresponding information on our back-up systems, may not be immediately deleted.
You agree that if you change the settings on your internet browser to block or restrict cookies (including cookies associated with BeSmarter services), or to indicate when a cookie is being set by BeSmarter, the BeSmarter Services may not work as intended. You should remember that, while you may still be able to use the Site if your cookies are disabled, our services may not function properly on your device and you may not be able to take advantage of certain Site features.